The MJ Future Forum 2019: beyond Brexit.
A 24-hour seminar on the agenda for local government in 2019/20 looking
at major issues including the Spending Review, the Spring Statement, care
and health integration, children’s services, financial resilience – and the
impact of Brexit.
Speakers for 2018 included:
- Sir Amyas Morse, Comptroller and Auditor General, National Audit Office
- Sally Gainsbury, Senior Policy Analyst, Nuffield Trust
- Mark Lloyd, Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Saffron Cordery, Deputy Chief Executive, NHS Providers
- Alex Skinner, Director of Finance, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Wendy Thomson, Managing Director, Norfolk CC
- Bob Neill, Chair, Commons Justice Select Committee, Minister for Local Government 2010-2012
- Aidan Rave, Chief executive, South Kesteven District Council
- Paul Johnson, Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies
What visitors had to say about the MJ Future Forum:
"A must attend event for senior officers in local government."
Kirsty Cole, Deputy Chief Executive - Newark & Sherwood District Council
"A very compact event, the networking alone can make the time investment worthwhile."
Pete Bungard, Chief Executive - Gloucestershire County Council
"Compelling and insightful speakers, stimulating and thought provoking debate, coupled with high level networking, a must for your diary."
Trevor Holden, Chief Executive - Luton Borough Council